Mother’s Day Sweepstakes Contest
KTVI FOX 2, KPLR 11 and STLMoms.com “Mother’s Day” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF KTVI FOX 2, KPLR 11 AND/OR LOCAL TV, LLC.
KTVI FOX 2, KPLR 11 and STLMoms.com will conduct the Mother’s Day Sweepstakes Contest (“Contest”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Contest may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This Contest, and all Contest material, is © 2012 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above, as determined by KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11 and reside in the St. Louis Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Employees of KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11, Local TV LLC, Dairy Queen, Tiger Lilly and 9 Months in Style (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on or around Monday, April 23, 2012 at 4:00 AM CST and ends on Sunday, May 27th, 2012, at 11:59PM CST. The Contest consists of two (2) phases as set forth. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period.
PHASE START DATE (CST) END DATE (CST)
Entry Mon, April 23, 2012 @ 4:00AM Sunday, May 13, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
Voting Mon, May 14, 2012 @ 12:00PM Sunday, May 27, 2012 @ 11:59PM
3. Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, go to the “Contest” page at www.fox2now.com, www.kplr11.com or www.stlmoms.com and follow instructions to complete the registration form, include valid home address, phone number, e-mail, and date of birth. Follow the links and instructions to upload and submit one (1) photograph of mother and child(ren). All photos become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Duplicate registrations or photos will be not be eligible. Incomplete applications will not be eligible. Photos must be submitted by Sunday, May 13th, 2012 at 11:59 PM CST and must include all required fields. All decisions with respect to approval will be made by KTVI/KPLR management, in its sole discretion, and are final.
- The photo must be the property of the entrant’s mother and/or legal guardian
- The photo must be no larger than 5 MB
- The photo must be in .jpg, .png, .gif format
- The photo must have been taken within the last year of the date of the upload
- The photo must not be altered or manipulated, except for cropping, red eye removal and adjustment for color and brightness
- The photo may be color or black and white
Content restrictions on photos submitted:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement
- The Submission must not contain material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based upon race, sex, religion, nationality, disability sexual orientation or age
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Photo is created.
For all submissions:
- Your submission(s) will be posted online and viewed by other people for voting. At the conclusion of the contest, photos will no longer be viewable online. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, or misdirected Photos. Limit: You may submit one (1) photo in the Upload Phase.
On or about Monday, May 14th, 2012, all approved photos will be posted on a Mother’s Day page at www.stlmoms.com/mommyme. Viewers will be invited to vote for their favorite photo up to one (1) time per day, per e-mail address, between May 14th, 2012 and ending Sunday, May 27th, 2012 at 11:59 PM CST. The photo with the most votes will win the grand prize package.
All entries become the property of KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11 and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may be required to become registered users of the website and may not enter the Contest more than once. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Only one prize per person, household, or email address allowed. Duplicate entries will not be accepted. All decisions with respect to approval will be made by KTVI/KPLR management, in its sole discretion, and are final.
4. Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a Mother’s Day grand prize package including: $250 gift card to 9 Months in Style, $250 in gift card(s) from Dairy Queen and $250 gift certificate to Tigerlily. Total prize package valued at $750.00
5. Winner Notifications: The grand prize winner will be notified by phone call and e-mail on Monday, May 28th, 2012 at 12:00PM CST and will be announced on FOX 2 Newscasts and KPLR 11 Newscasts on or around Tuesday, May 15th, 2012.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Contest constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER CONTEST.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Contest. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Contest and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11, Local TV, LLC, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Missouri. Missouri law shall govern this Contest, without regard Missouri’s choice of law rules. The courts of Missouri shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Contest.
14. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, by May 27, 2012. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (9:00AM-5:00PM CST) at KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11’s business offices or online at www.fox2now.com, www.kplr11.com and www.STLmoms.com.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KTVI FOX 2 AND KPLR 11, located at 2250 Ball Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (9:00AM – 5:00PM CST) after May 27, 2012.
16. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.